View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #128
skodadog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
TT Breathable Standard - Part Number: 055-2240

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordnow
I have the Touratech touring low seat and love it. I am almost 5'11 and not only can I reach the ground better, but the seat is very comfortable for long rides. The tailbone pain I was getting with original seat has vanished. Yes, it is an expensive seat, but well worth it from my experience.
1+ that; this seat (TT breathable standard) is more firm than the stock, but to me firm = comfort. I have a F650GS low suspension and use this standard height seat and it's very comfortable; I'm 5'4" with 30" inseam. I can pretty much flat foot the bike. I have a Rich's custom on my F800ST and I also really love that seat. I think with a sport bike I can tolerate the look of a 'shaped' seat because the shape can contribute to the control you have in riding the bike.

I should also add that I am a bicycle enthusiast and the seat on my bike would make most who don't know cycling wonder how one could be comfortable on a thin board....but really it's just the opposite. The softer, more gel, more cush on a bicycle seat the more your sit bones will ache because they are not supported.
former
'01 Super Sherpa
'05 Ducati M650
'05 Aprilia Scarabeo 50
'00 Ducati M900
'97 Ducati M900
'81 Vespa 200
skodadog is offline   Reply With Quote