View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Pedro Navaja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,491
Arrival to Parras de la Fuente

Entrance to Parras. Here is the monument at the entrance of the town.

As I ride through town I am captivated by the cleanliness of the streets. I see people sweeping in front of their businesses and homes. This reminds of Grecia, Costa Rica which claims to be the cleanest little city in Latin America. I am not so sure about Grecia now after seeing Parras. I see pedestrians picking up the rare piece of litter as they walk about town doing their normal business. These people are very proud of their town.

Hostal el Farol

I finally find the hostal (bed & breakfast) after stopping a few times to ask for directions. The town is alternating 1-way streets, well sometimes they alternate, some times they don’t, so I have to do a few double-backs before arriving at the hostal. At the last place I ask for directions the man looks at me at says, “we are both standing in front of the hostal right now, look at the sign over your shoulder.” I have to circle the block to get back to the parking entrance for my motorcycle. The parking was secure and I parked the bike right outside my window at the back of the property.

Classic Latino architecture with an interior courtyard. I will be here for two nights. Just take a look:

My room.

The restaurant and bar were both very good, and a very attentive staff works the place. I enjoyed several cigars, wine & spirits in this courtyard. The hotel used to be the home of a wealthy family. The structure dates from the 19th century. A respectful thanks to my amiga Yolanda in
Cuatro Cienegas for the hostal recommendation. She works at Santa Cecilia hotel in Cuatro Cienegas, another great place to lodge. By the way, rumor has it that the El Farol is haunted

The hostal is on YouTube.

Pedro Navaja screwed with this post 06-06-2010 at 08:27 AM
Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote