View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #50
Pedro Navaja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,526
My short tour has now concluded.

Summary

Total mileage: ~1,300 from Houston to Parras de la Fuente.

16 November 2009: Depart Houston arrive Laredo, TX. Overnight at La Posada.
17 November 2009: Depart Laredo, arrive Parras. Walk the town. Overnight at El Farol.
18 November 2009: Tour town and winery/vineyard on bicycle.
Overnight at El Farol.
19 November 2009. Arrive Laredo. Overnight at La Posada.
20 November 2009: Inclement weather keeps me in Laredo. Overnight at La Posada.
21 November 2009: Return to Houston.

Special notes: (1) Banks in Parras are not prepared to exchange dollars for pesos. However, ATM machines abound so get your pesos like that. (2) El Farol did not have a laundry service for guests. (3) No bicycle rentals as a business are to be found in town.

Nice video on Parras.

I have purposely avoided pictures of my motorcycle other than on my departure day. And while Parras may not be on the radar of most US riders, it is certainly on the radar of Mexican riders.

A special thanks to ChangoGS, a Latino-ized Gringo who spent some time in Parras as a kid and got me interested in doing further research. Also a thanks to tricepilot who I suspect is a Latino trapped in Gringo skin. La Posada was a great place to be holed-up during the bad weather. I was able to conduct work via the free PC in their business center, and their bars/restaurants are great places to cut up with others. I had a blast there each night and closed down the bars after a great dinner. So thanks for the recommendation Bob.

Thank you for reading.

Mike

Pedro Navaja screwed with this post 05-23-2010 at 03:49 PM
Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote