View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
maximuski OP
Don't Follow Me I'm Lost2

Oddometer: 86
F800GS with 30" inseam?

Well, I'm another "inseam challenged" (I'm 5'6" and 30" inseam) and I can't decide about buying a new F8 because of the seat height. I don't trust much in specifications because I used to have an Africa Twin (seat height 33.9 inches according to specs) and although both feet barely touched the ground, actually I didn't have any problem riding the bike.

However I tried a F8 with low Seat (33.5 inches according to specs) a couple of weeks ago here in Canada, And I couldn't touch the ground with one foot. I know the seat height is not the only factor, the bike shape and the seat shape also influence ... I've read some posts about some custom seats (such as corbin) that could help with height limitation, but I want to ask directly...

..do you think a 30" inseam is really a limitation for the F8?? Could I really compensate my lack of height with a Custom seat and/or thicker sole boots??

I really appreciate you opinions, after the Honda AT was discontinued I couldn't find the "right" bike for me... and the F8 is my last hope !

Thanks for you help!

Cheers!

Julian
'98 Suzuki XF650 - Gone
'99 Honda XRV750 - Gone and still hurts!
'07 Suzuki DL650 - Gone
maximuski is online now   Reply With Quote