View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
Indy Unlimited
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,262
I am 5'9" - 30" inseam. I raised my seat 3" in the center ( but kept it narrow where I stand) with a custom seat builder to avoid the dreaded uncomfortable ski slope stock seat. My seat is flat now and very comfy. I could not touch the ground except on my very tips with my legs very close to the bike.
Since the stock front suspension is horrific & unusable in bumpy conditions at speed and the rear is only acceptable I did the following:
Hyper pro rear shock with high speed & low speed compression dampening and rebound dampening and hydraulic preload and adjustable length from -15mm to -25 mm shorter than stock length. Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 fork cartridges with 25 mm shorter stroke, new springs with rebound and compression adjustments on the fork caps. These forks use oil weight thru traditional oil dampening ports. They are absolutely the closet thing you can get to dirt forks handling at this time. So in a nutshell if you may want to budget $2,700.00 to get the suspension near perfection and while you are at it lower the bike 1" and get a low sargent seat. 30" inseam will be no issue at all then. Note that when you shorten the rear shock you still get 8" of suspension travel it just does not start at the same point. The fenders have plenty of clearance. This way you end up with 8" of suspension on each end which is adequate for everything but brutal off road single track which I would not take a 400lb dirt bike on anyway.

2013 Ducati Hypermotard SP, 2011 Husaberg FE570S, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2010 BMW F800GS
2007 Husqvarna TE610 , 2003 KTM 525 MXC
Indy Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote