View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #14
thetourist OP
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 3,822
Things work out so that a couple weeks after North Cascades Park I have an opportunity to take another trip. Horizons Unlimited is having a get together in the Lost Coast area and I've not ridden in north California.

I had a bad experience in CA some years ago and just avoided the state. A couple years ago I came up the east side of the Sierras and changed my mind. I've been back a couple of times since. I just stay away from those cities and freeways.

I've labeled a few "good" roads and have a plan.

I'm gone by noon. South on 95 to Lewiston.

The Spiral Hwy, or to the locals it is the Old Lewiston Grade.

Across the Red Wolf Bridge, thru Asotin and south on WA 129. This is a nice ride but no pics. I was moving right along.

I did stop for a PO pic.

Rattlesnake Grade. If you enter this canyon slow there is a spot that looks remarkably like the famous Batopilas canyon.

Lunch at the bottom of Rattlesnake. A good destination eatery. Real ice cream milk shake.

Fueled up I hit the OR side of Rattlesnake.

It is kind of dry on the way to Enterprise, which is a gas and go.

East on 82.

Lostine

Lots of interesting old bldgs in these little farm town.

The sun is getting low and I keep my eyes open for deer.

Elgin

Imbler

I shortcut past La Grande onto I-84 and head to Baker City. It was dark as I enter Baker City and decide to use a motel.

Just a block from my motel.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote