View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:11 AM   #8
Steffo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxr140
Also note that for what it would cost to get a 17" wheel and track tires, you'd probably be halfway (or more) to a track bike anyway. In the US, you can probably get a well set up ninja 250 for well under $2k, and you can find 600's out there (not that I'd recommend them as a track bike--too much power for a noob) for $3k (again, USD). Even if you don't get a set up track bike, just about any cheap bike is a better idea than your BMW.
It was just an idea. Easy on the "noob" parts please. I am quite sure I can handle even a 1000cc without much difficulty on a track. Perhaps not fastest though. Thankyouverymuch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucko
Before you spend money on your bike, borrow one of your track buddies' bikes for a few track days and see if it's even something you want to do. You bought a GS...hopefully you'll be happier riding through the forest on it than around and around and around on pavement.
I have spent quite alot of time on smaller race tracks so there is really no need for that. I'd say around 150 hours in total or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
The F800GS is a big dirt bike. Get a F800R or some other road bike.
So you really think all the supermotos out there are just "dirt bikes"? Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afmracer
Maybe OP just doesn't realize how expensive it will be when he crashes ...

A single lowside on a new GS > a cheap trackbike.
..or perhaps the OP has an insurance company that actually covers track days.

This was just an idea so no idea getting "upset" guys. :)

Steffo screwed with this post 12-05-2009 at 06:34 AM
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote