View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 06:15 AM   #11
StephenB
G(/)S ... what else!

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler
I couldn't ride around at night without getting highbeams flashed at me constantly.
What's wrong with that? At least you know you've been seen! For us motorcyclists there isn't a thing like too much light. I am sorry guys how can you complain about too much light and people flashing at you at night!? Be glad, be very happy and ride on!

I have a single beam set with the extra slim ballast in an aftermarket 7" headlight and and 2 x 20W halogen lamps as attention getters. Set the HID up as a low beam but tilted slightly higher. Don't have a high beam anymore, don't need it with that kind of setup. Would never go back to that H4 candle light!
I am very happy that I am recognized during the day and have a very good visibility at night:

However, I am still riding as if I was invisible ...

Have 2 seasons on the HID setup, no issues. Bought 2 HID replacement bulbs for a song at the same time I bought the complete set, so with a spare slim ballast and 3 HID replacement bulbs I am good for 10 years or more!

Some of the above is fact, some is fiction, some is my personal imagination and some is just simple truth. [me]

... i'm not touring around the world, but neither are most of the guys i see running overloaded spam cans ... [bmwblake]

Stephen Bottcher
Ontario, Canada

'72 R75/5 The Blues

www.stephenbottcher.net

StephenB screwed with this post 12-06-2009 at 07:46 AM
StephenB is offline   Reply With Quote