View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #42
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickiBe
Just went on a demo of the F650GS today. Yes, I loved it! Its so much more comfortable than the SV650 I'm riding now. So how happy was I to see someone wanting to start BAARC. Also, lusting after a Suzuki DR200SE or something in that range that's street legal. Dang, I'm starting to think I should have kept the house with the garage instead of moving to the big city!

Just returned from Death Valley on the SV. Dropped it a few times in Titus Canyon and once in the snow on the way up to the Charcoal Kilns. The bike faired well but I came away with a bruised knee and ego. After this trip I'm hooked and craving the lessons that undoubted will humiliate my over compensating ego. Yep, I'm a wannabe.

Hope BAARC works out for us all.
Is your SV a naked model or an "S" model? I've found my naked 650 to be very capable off-road. I've got fat knobbies on my SM610 that will fit the SV and I've been tempted to throw them on there and take it out to the TT track at Hollister or something...just for fun It has saved many a dualsport ride as a very willing back-up/loaner/spare

WoodsChick