View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #52
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by T O Double D
Upcoming Rides:

Dual Sport ride Hosted by ScottRNelson dec-12...
http://www.southbayriders.com/forums...ad.php?t=88227
I recently received PM's from two different people wondering if this ride is still on and if one rider would be able to make it back home before 5:00.

There are about six people who have said that they're coming. It would be nice to have more show up. The dirt should be optimal with the recent rains.

I've "ordered reasonably dry weather" for Saturday, but it might sprinkle a little bit. I enjoy riding dirt roads in the rain, but hopefully there won't be too much of that.

Since one rider will be driving there in his Jeep with the KTM on the back, it looks like we'll have a "lockable storage unit" to hold the extra layers of clothing necessary to keep us from freezing on the way there.

Since we should make it to Carnegie about 10:00 a.m., we should be done by 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. Three or four hours of dirt riding is more than enough for anybody who doesn't do it regularly. And after the first couple of loops, you're free to go anyway. We weren't planning to try to stay together for the return trip.