View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #62
M N B
would rather be riding

Oddometer: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408
Pano's are pretty easy.

Regardless of what software you use to put them together, it's important to overlap your shots by between twenty and thirty percent. Take as many shots as you need to cover the subject--go a little over to either side too. I like to use vertical orientation to capture things like kaia posted.

Google for Canon's PhotoStitch software--it used to be free. I put mine together in Photoshop.

As far as processing, do your best to make all the shots the same exposure, saturation and so on--this is pretty easy in PS as you open all of them at the same time and synchronize them. Some software does this for you. Then stitch them together. It really is that easy.

Of course you'll want to do a little cropping and maybe some more adjustments but if all you do is sync all of the shots then stitch them, you'll get a decent pano from them.
With a point and shoot, I have problems getting all the exposures the same. But I've learned a few tricks. If I use the same reference point for getting the auto exposure set when holding down the button halfway, that helps.

There are several free stiching apps. I use a shareware app for the Mac called DoubleTake. It does 90% of the work for you and provides some controls for blending, gamma, geometry, etc. Many times I just drag the parts into the app and everything is perfect without any adjustment needed.
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote