View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #163
DockingPilot OP
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 8,474
After that we head back up. The boys are taking a southerly course along the coast towards S.t John where we will be tonight, showing things most folks in New Brunswick don't even know are there along the way.

Remember, this is all coastline. Hard to keep in mind because in the states, almost every inch of coastal real estate has been developed. Not here.
Still very much a coastal wilderness.

The NBDSC boys tell us they are going to take us to a little known spot called "The Eye of the Needle". We'll have to walk the last bit in.

Dan's been punched out by the best NHL players in the league ! He told us in the training camps he was warned, if he went after Gretsky, his protectors would pumle him. He heeded the warning

Now due to the grand scale of this spot, the photos are not going to depict the true essence it omits.
What you cannot see in the picture is the ocean. We could of course, it's right there in the "Eye of the Needle".

Moose sign

Looking down into the canyon

We kick back and soak it all in.

Brooksy. A great rider happy to show us his country. A proud Canadien and well he should be.

"Just step back a litlle more......, a little more....."

After we walk back to the bikes, we saddle up and head southerly again. Beer Jonny is taking us to a spot called "Wee Peak".

More in a bit......

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote