View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #20
RydinFool
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Don't Do It Rhys

You sounded just like me. In the day, the only motorcycles you could ride forever without having to fix them all the time were BMW's. But, they like Harleys were way out of my price range. Now I am an old fart, I finally bought one. An R80. That led to an R60, an R75, and two other R80's. BMW (airheads) are more addicting than crack. I have reduced the flock to two R80's. One is a GS and the other is being restored as a Cafe racer. I don't know how picky you are. I like pretty, but my GS is a rider, so it's not beautiful until you get on it and start riding. My experience is short lived, I have only been doing the BMW thing for about three years, but there is a lot of support out there. Check out the BMW airhead site. It really doesn't matter what airhead you buy, there isn't anything like it. I have a bunch of bikes and love them all, but the BMW's are special. Good luck out there. Just in passing, I know where there is a R75 Toaster, (1974) that runs really sweet. Cosmetically needs a little work, but almost anything that age needs something cosmetically.
IBA #33670
Wee Strom, HD Electra Glide, KLR 650, Triumph Bonneville, 86 BMW R80 cafe racer, 1986 HD Wide Glide- the last one with a kickstart, 1987 BMW R80RT, Suzuki DR 350
RydinFool is offline   Reply With Quote