View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #25
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil
How'd 6 guys from across the world happen to be doing this at the same time anyways? Was this planned or dumb luck?
I planned to do this trip with a couple of my friends for about 2 years now. I did a trip up to Alaska a year and a half ago where I met the frenchman and travelled with him for a while as he was on an airhead too. I told him about my plans for South America and coincidentally he already had similar plans. Add one more to the group. Months later he swung by my house on his way down the west coast and we went to the local beemer dealership to buy some parts for his bike. We got to talking with the parts manager there and he said he wanted to hear more about it over some beers. One thing led to another and we gained another member. Now we were up to 5. A month before the trip Austin Vince, of Mondo Enduro fame, was staying with the latest member to join the group as he was giving a presentation in town. At that presentation was a brit on his way around the world who had taken a city bus about an hour out of Seattle to see the presentation because his bike still hadn't cleared customs. By the end of the show the buses had stopped running and he asked Austin if he knew how he could get back to town. Austin said his host could give him a ride which turned into him crashing at my house for a couple weeks fixing his bike. He hit the road heading South about two weeks before us and we caught up with him in San Blas, Mexico. To make matters worse, we've recently gained a South African. Anyway, enough talk. Here's the meat:

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.

Airhead Wrangler screwed with this post 12-15-2009 at 10:49 PM
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote