View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 06:19 AM   #3
meat popsicle OP
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
This is not needed Meat... well, not really.
All kick start systems have engagement and disengagement points. They engage, or "connect" to the driveline at some point just a few degrees past the position in which they normally rest, and disengage, or "disconnect" very near the bottom of the kick starter stroke.
In other words, if you can kick it thru, to the bottom of it's stroke, go ahead and leave your precious foot right there... 'cause the motor could blow itself to kingdom-come with no ill effects to your body.

It's only if you give it a half-hearted, sissy-la-la, titsie-baby, candy-ass, rooty-poop kick... and don't reach the bottom, that the motor will take offense and try to put your knee thru your nose.

Love ya'
Creepy
Thanks for the enlightenment creeper, I will edit the original to include this info.

I noticed that my RD350 doesn't kick back on the bottom of the stroke, but with the LC4 I had never stayed on the kicker, I always popped off. Maybe it was because the first time I tried to kick it, I didn't move the stroke past TDC and when I jumped up and came down on the kicker, it didn't move... and the bike almost fell over away from me! And I am 200lbs.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote