View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #9
2on2off OP
Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer: 1,218
Where exactly is Butte Valley? Are you talking about Butte Valley near Klammath?

I like your bike. What size gas tank is that in the pic and who makes it. I've been riding a friends 2003 dual sported KTM 525EXC and I like it. It is the first KTM I have ever ridden. I've also got a DRZ400S that I have set up with a 4 gallon tank and I find the two bikes completely different but I like them both for different reasons.

Have you had any issues with your 450EXC? It has the new motor and I don't think I need the power of the 530 so if I bought a new one it would probably be the 450. Do you have any regrets buying the 450?

I find that I never use the full power of the 525 and rarely get into 6th gear while off road so I think the 450 might be better than the 530 because of the way I ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner
The mountain ranges got snow over Thanksgiving weekend. That's probably all melted now, I'll see if I can track down current info.

I was in Butte Valley, the ranges only got a dusting of snow. Looks like the Panamint side got a lot of snow that is still there.

Butte Valley: 11-27-09