View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #115
bmwblake
upside down parker

Oddometer: 3,277
told you so on the k761. glad to hear your opinion on the distanzias. i'm hoping that funny shapped package under the tree is a set for my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil
Because I couldn't fit the rear Duro I ran a front Duro and a rear Kenda K761. I ended up doing a lot of highway over the last few months and the tires were both toast at around 5k.

The direction arrow on the front said to have the apex pointed forward. It handled okay but for now on I'm having the apex point backwards no matter what the tire says. Does anybody have any good info on which way the front should point?

I took the bike straight to some dirt when I put them on. The front held up fine but the rear was very squirrely. Any time you throw on new tires you're going to compare them to the last set you had. I did thousands of miles of dirt over the summer and the Distanzias felt much more planted than the Kenda. I don't push tires to their limit on the road so my only road performance criteria is mileage and the Distanzia lasted twice as long.

Conclusion on the K761: don't buy them. The Distanzias handle better and last twice as long. The cost difference is a wash when you account for mileage.

I thought about getting a narrower rear Duro and trying it but I didn't want to chance it. I've got a set of the IRC GP-110s on the way and another set of Distanzias for next summer's trip.

bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote