View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #26
BigMac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
CrazyIvan:
Now THAT is an adventure bike! Very impressive. I just acquired an R80GS(early paralever generation) in need of an overhaul (223k original miles) and your bike could very well serve as my model to emulate. At the same time I'm really not interested in spending thousands of $$, I want to maintain the airhead simplicity, just want it to be a dirt capable and bombproof as yours appears. The biggest appeal is that suspension, what fork legs are those? Did they require new clamps? If so, from where? What sort of suspension travel do you have? What is front wheel, brake rotor and caliper? Are these scavenged from a KTM, Honda, etc? Why the R11 paralever? How much frame mod is required to fit that paralever? Any other frame mods required? Is that a R11GS specific paralever or will any R11 paralever work? What is suspension travel for this setup. Is upper shock mount attached to frame or rear subframe? Any info you could provide would be REALLY appreciated. You can PM me direct if you prefer bigmac020749@yahoo.com although honestly I suspect there would be lots of interest in this gorgeous project from many of our fellow Advrider members. Thank you.
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote