View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #74
AKtracks OP
Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by molamphy
Sounds like a good idea. You'll have to clue me in on Friar Mike's, though. How far out should I arrange for tires?
As far as staying on campus, this is a business trip so the company is paying for the Holiday Inns in Fairbanks and Anchorage. Few hours each on Wainwright and Richardson and I don't have to take as many vacation days.
Friar Mike is what the town of Wasilla is famous for (I've also heard mention of some hag from that area running for public office). He's also the proprietor of "The Abbey" motorcycle shop. Great guy, and he'll treat ya right. Directions are easy: Heading north outta Anchorage on your way to Fairbanks you'll go through the town of Wasilla. When you come to the intersection of the Parks Highway and Knik Goose Bay road, hang a left and proceed 3.5 miles. You'll see the sign on the right. He can take care of all your service needs.
If you chose to go with us for tires (which can also be had at Barbs or Mikes) I'm telling folks to make arrangements a month in advance (just in case we have to place any orders).

Adventure Cycleworks Providing support to the Adventure Touring Motorcyclist in Fairbanks, Alaska

-
AKtracks is offline   Reply With Quote