View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #84
jeffchri
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I got my setup finished late last night (after Santa had gone to bed :). I generally had a good experience mounting it up like Frank, though I think there is going to be some issues where the "beak" of the lower visor touches the headlight visor thingy ... need to check it out when the bike is moving to see if it's really an issue.

I have the Zumo mounted up adequately on it without doing any bracket modifications, using the RAM mounts. I used one of these http://www.expressmounts.com/ram-mou...am-b-272u.html and attached it to one of the central bolts, then attached the Zumo's OEM RAM arm and cradle. Because the ball mount rests against the top of cluster it doesn't have enough clearance to allow for full adjustment of the arm, but you still can get quite a good location, without any drilling required. I'm going to keep playing with alternatives, though - this still partially obscures some instruments, which I would like to avoid.

Some (bad) shots of what I have so far ...

And wow, I gotta hurry up and get that fairing DIRTY ... :)
2010 BMW S1000RR - soooooon, very soooon ...

Recent past: Montesa 4RT (now in the hands of the fiancee), Weestrom, F650GS Dakar, Yammy WR250F, (a scooter), (another scooter)
jeffchri is offline   Reply With Quote