View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
LewisNClark OP
Studly Adventurer
 
LewisNClark's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: North GA and Atlanta
Oddometer: 969
Thanks for your interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo
Has anyone purchased this?Any feed back from a user?
Only 20 to 25 people on AdvRider have purchased the CD.

The picture CD of 1,200 photo's of the Lewis and Clark Trail is by far the most popular item. ($24.95)

If you live in the WA area, you live in one of the best ride areas of the L&C Trail...from Astoria, OR over to Missoula, Montana is my favorite part of the trail, especially the Lolo Motoring Hwy. My favorite find in your area is a cave where Sgt Ordway and Colter caught 3 infant bear cubs and spent the day playing with them...there is a marker there now....but way off the beaten path and real hard to find.

The CD and Book are sold exclusively at Lewis and Clark better bookstores & museums (like at Cape Disappointment in WA) but sold here on AdvRider at a discounted price.

In my case when I left Astoria (following the return journey) my GPS lead me to each campsite all the way back over the Lolo Trail. GPS coordinates came directly from an interpretation of William Clark's measurements of mileage from campsite to campsite and his writing down of latitude as they traveled. I'd estimate that 95% of the GPS coordinates are very accurate and the other 5% are my interpretation of their description of their campsites in the "Lewis and Clark Journals" that was published in 1809.

The GPS coordinates took three of us 2 1/2 years to complete and is the only such publication. You do have to download EasyGPS (free) to export the GPS file to a GPS unit...it's recommended to download gps coordinates by state since there are over 1,000 gps coordinates.

There are currently over 2,000 of the CD/books in circulation and at a least dozen AdvRiders, professional photographers, and RV's that are using my GPS file to travel parts or all of the Lewis & Clark Trail.

LewisNClark

LewisNClarkTrail@gmail.com

LewisNClark screwed with this post 03-08-2010 at 09:43 AM
LewisNClark is offline   Reply With Quote