View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #85
the venturer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchWee
Hi Venturer,

Great ride report! I’ve been thinking about riding my bike trough Turkey this summer, after spending some time in Istanbul (And princess Islands = Brilliant).
It’s going to be my first big trip outside western Europe. I wanted to ask you, what the rules are regarding camping in turkey.
I see you camp in the wild but at other times you’re at campsites, sometimes at a restaurant ore something. I was actually wondering whether it is allowed to camp in the wild and if it isn’t, are campsites widely available (and expensive)?

Thanx and ride safe!
Thank you very much. Glad that you have liked it. This summer, I and three riders from ADV community will be riding along Mediterranean and Aegean, then to Cappadocia region through Taurus Mountains. That's gonna be a wonderful rally with plenty sunshine to snowy mountains. Why not join us? We all will be happy.
As for campingspots; Turks are hospitable people. There are ample sites you can use as campspots, even villages or petrol stations.
If you have a GPS and plan to ride w/o us, I can send you campspot points as POI.
They aren't pricey as it varies between approximately 3-10 Euros per night.
the venturer is offline   Reply With Quote