View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
Rockin Rollin OP
Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Appreciate the feedback Guys.
Any ride reports Bear, highlites, fav places, advice?

We got great weather & headed for Deals Gap & Tail of the Dragon via the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. Todd had the great Idea of taking a shortcut thru Parsons Branch (a popular spot in the park)
Just one problem, it was a one way to get in, or rather out. Todd says "Aah it won't be busy this time of year!" Not! Well we are adventure riders, and except for the dirty looks & people yelling at us, it was a great fun ride, especially the blind corners.
We get into Parsons Branch and it is bumper to bumper. Barely moving, single lane, one way. Good news is there is a ditch. Alright we're dual sporters, I head for the ditch, Todd follows. Extra fun now!
We're half way thru, I see a fellow, loaded down adventurer, sitting in the traffic. A young Asian female.
She looks at us like, hey that's what I should be doing! Oh & it was really warm at this point so she musta been roasting.
Todd recongnises her. It's fellow ADVer Erica of "Erica's highway to Hell" thread. Erica is 24hrs old & riding out of L.A. across America on her own. Wow! She was on day 78! She followed us to the southern one way road out. It's a beautiful road out, fall colours & a stream we cross about 7 times.

Erica & I

Erica's a great rider both on & off pavement. This was her fisrt time fo Tail of the Dragon.
Here we are at Deals gap.

Erica at the Fontana Dam

Above the Fontana Dam

Riding out To the Cherahola

We split with Erica at the Cherahola Highway as we wanted to take the adventure dual sport route & Erica had never been over the Cherahola Highway. She was in for a treat.
Its was great meeting & riding with you Erica. You're an Inspiring & Brave adventurer.
Click on:
-Now: Fly/ride - Panama to Alaska & pts between.
-2009 Colorado & West Fest
-Baja 2009 from Canada
"Take time, because time will eventually take you"! (and you never know just how much yer gonna get )
Let's ride!
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with ABS for long distance adventure & Dualsport
08 Husaberg FE450 (Street Plated)
Rockin Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote