View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #26
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
This is the other top position on the MOD F800 GS top rack that I haven't really shown or talked about yet.

I'm not really sure if I like it that much. The original idea was that if you were running side boxes and a top roll bag it would give a position closer to the middle of the bike rather than laying it flat on the rack further back. The roll bag has lots of room to sit behind it. Is it a better position?...I'm not sure. I have seen a couple of pics here where people have wedged the Rotopax between roll bags on a top rack so this is sort of like that.

I think the biggest problem I have with it is that the Rotopax L bracket has the height for horizontal or vertical mounting of the Rotopax, so it sits a about 3.5" higher than it needs to when it is horizontal. Perhaps if we made our own shorter L bracket this position would work better.

What do you all think?

This pic has the top rack in the forward position.

In this pic the top rack is in the rearward position.
Of course the Rotopax mount can be put on either side of the L bracket for running two up too.

One of the great things about this top rack is that there is a ton of options between fore and aft positions, three Rotopax mounting options...and there is more to come too.

Thanks,

Dave