View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #13
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,686

Progressive Suspension plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc46
I have been using the progressive suspension style plug for the last 15 years or so. http://www.progressivesuspension.com...pair-kits.html
Every one that I have used have outlasted the tire. Never had one fail or any problems with cords cutting them. I have never really heard anyone recommend the string type before. What are the advantages of the string type over the progressive style? I'm guessing they are a lot cheaper, what else?
I took a look at the Prog. Susp. tire plug link, RC. This is the first time I've seen them. How are they installed?

And sure, I realize that tire patching/plugging is a potentially volatile topic. This thread is not so much a recommendation of one type of plug over another as it is to offer some information. I mean, maybe a rider is strongly averse to string plugs. I remember when I first saw one, and thinking it was some kind of joke.

At that time, I did not know what kind of joke they were. And was forced to try one because, if you have a tire puncture, they are surely better than no plug.

I am glad that people liked the post. Thanks everyone.

- Jim

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote