View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #7
Rockin Rollin OP
Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Eh? "Everythings Big in TEXAS"

Thanks Erica.

Todd rode west with me out to Cleveland Tennessee. We had a great day.
Trying to check into a motel was another storey however as my credit card was declined.
I called to find out the problem & was asked if i had been using the card in Quebec. No! well someone had been???
That card only had 1 issued & I had it so it must have been made up with my info, likely organised crime I figure.
Fortunately I had more than 1 card.
Next day was a get some mileage day on. I got to Jackson Mississipi.
Next morning heading West it starts pouring rain just as I'm leaving. I'm on the highway getting pelted & blown around with very high wind. Couldn't ride very fast and trucks were passing me making it even worse. Not a fun way to cross the Mississipi, felt like I was gonna end up in it. Down the road I saw high water beside the road with a number of cars half submerged. Then some trees obviously very recently having been ripped apart. Oh this is exciting! & I'm freezing. I had checked out the weather report & knew likely another hour toward Texas it should clear up, so
I stopped at a rest center, made good use of their hot air hand dryer, put on extra clothing & Electric vest & pressed on.
Then, TEXAS! First time here. This is where on this trip I wanted to take some time to stop explore and enjoy a few places. I
had a good biker book on Texas so I also had some plans & details.
Had a little excitment 1st night in Tesxas when I was checked into a motel 6 beside Tyler Texas, a major city. I'm on my laptop, it's about 10:30 and there is a knock at the door. I leave the security latch on and open the door. There is a black dude there asks me if that is my bike outside. I say yes
and he startes rambling some cocamaimy storey & asks me to come outside so he can speak with me further. NO! he carries on about hard times, not a begger, actually a preacher & gonna show me ID. Huh? Ok i get it I say you've fallen on some hard times, hang on a sec. I close the door go grab $5 & go give it to him wish him good luck. He takes off. OK!!!

Into Texas a ways started seeing these.

At times felt like I was surrounded.

Some were pretty friendly, had good hearts, would wave & also give the biker salute!

Had to watch out for animals.

Holy Cow!

Didn't have to worry about hitting these ones. They were on a wall in a Dairy Queen. This is TEXAS!

Everythings big in Texas!

Stopped in San Antonio, . I had heard about the River Walk. Wow it was really nice! Concrete decking on each side of the river
for miles and in a loop in downtown. Hotels, Restaurants, Pubs, & shops lined the down town. Beautifully lit up at night.
Tours boats, water taxis & transit on the river & lots of beatiful diplays, Awsome! This was Halloween night and a lot of people were dressed up, that made it a lot of fun but it's also a very romatic place and I was
wishing Lily was with me.

Saw The Alamo
Click on:
-Now: Fly/ride - Panama to Alaska & pts between.
-2009 Colorado & West Fest
-Baja 2009 from Canada
"Take time, because time will eventually take you"! (and you never know just how much yer gonna get )
Let's ride!
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with ABS for long distance adventure & Dualsport
08 Husaberg FE450 (Street Plated)
Rockin Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote