View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
tomatocity
Retired and lovin' it

Oddometer: 772
The sanding method is quite ingenious and precise though I am a simple person. I learned how to adjust motorcycle valves with a KLR and the KLR community is known for its Tech Days and sharing resources. Does the V-Strom community have Tech Days? Luckily I have a friend that has V-Stroms and we share resources. Yesterday (Saturday) we adjusted the valves on my DL1000 and installed heated grips. He has a shim kit and the local dealership helps keep the shims stocked evenly. I learned about the valves and he learned about fastening grips.
Soon we are going to we are going to remove, empty, and refill our forks. I have done KLRs and he has done V-Stroms. I have a siphon tool for mearsuring fluid level and he has never filled forks like this before.

Sharing time, knowledge and resources can be as quick to do multiple V-Stroms as to do just one. Now throw in the fun factor and we have a winner.

End result is the shim kit and a couple guys saved some shims from being sanded and polished. Good or bad, probably does not matter.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere #027, 2005 KLR, 1993 Chevrolet S10,
tomatocity is offline   Reply With Quote