View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #67
2on2off OP
Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer: 1,261
Nice ride report. Thanks for all the pics of the snow and ice you found. If possible, I'd like to keep this thread going into mid February because many don't realise where the snow and ice is in DV and I think this is very helpful for those planning trips to DV during Dec-Feb.

Your pics of Echo Pass are the best I have seen to date but I still need to get out there and ride it for myself.

I think the ice you rode on at South Park was basically a frozen stream as the roads in that area frequently are also streams as you found out.

I deliberately routed through Pendleton about two years ago on a ride to Washington because I wanted to see the original Pendleton Shirt plant and I was glad it was still there. I thought the town was great. Those shirts bring back alot of good memories for me. The first Pendleton shirt I bought was about 43 years ago.

Thanks again for the great pics of DV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650x
Just did the ride you are thinking about a couple of days ago. No issues with snow or ice on that loop. Did hit some snow yesterday going up South Park and Rogers pass.

You can see some pictures on our ride report at: Death Valley Trip 2009