View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #30
Gregarious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Givi Compatible

If it's not too late to make a suggestion: pre-drill 4 holes to accomodate a Givi mount kit. These mounts can be used on Happy Trails and SW-Motech racks for optional Givi side cases. The bottom lugs are the same ones used by Caribou cases as well.

For those of us that also use Givi top boxes for on-road touring, commuting, errand running etc., this would be super convenient addition to a top rack. Screw on 4 bolts in 1 minute and you can mount your Givi top case. Going for an off-road adventure? Pull off the mounts and strap your soft luggage on this new top rack.

I'm currently using an SW-Motech top-rack that has a quick-release Givi compatible mounting plate , which works OK for the Givi, but their top rack isn't that swell for larger soft luggage.

All my previous dual-sports (KLR650, DRZ400, KTM640) have done some sort of commuting duty and on each one I've rigged up some kind of Givi top-mount. The SW Motech has the right idea, but their top rack isn't as nice as your's promises to be.

Just a thought...

Givi Lug Kit:

SW Motech Givi Plate:

SW-Motech side rack with Caribou Cases mounts (bottom ones are the same for Givi):