View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #43
woody's wheel works
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,319
feedback from a fellow inmate using 21'' on R1200GSA 9 day Baja test ride

FYI: here's some solid feedback from a fellow inmate and his recent 9 day test ride in Baja..enjoy

Ken Wahlster the "Bike Bandit " guru just returned from a 9 day test-ride recorded on video tour of baja to find out what works and doesn't....he went down with a group of buddies swapping equipment for opinions and feedback,,,,he'll be filling a ride report this weekend...he granted permission to share the following with you...so it's just a teaser...

Quote:
Hello Woody and Zach,

I wanted to let you guys know that I am back from 9 days in Baja where I put the new wheels for the GS1200 Adventure through some major punishment (so bad the rear shock failed after only 2 days). The wheels preformed extremely well. No issues with the tubeless rear tire or the front brake issues. We ran TKC 80 tires front and back with 25 lbs pressure for 3,000 miles and did not have a single flat! Wheels proved to be straight and strong! Thanks for the great product and great service! ....

We had 2 GS1200 Adv on the trip (one with your 21” and one with a stock 19”). I liked the 21 better in every application except pavement. The other tester liked the 21 better in every application except pavement and deep sand. However, I was much faster than him in the sand… so I say the 21” is the best setup for off road period. On road, the 19” is quicker through the corners.

Thank you,
Ken

www.bikebandit.com
www.BikeBandit.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 02-26-2011 at 09:39 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote