View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 01:31 AM   #32
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie
Don't ask me why it has 125 on the side of the bike and the properties of the picture state 125 as well but I know there is a 300 EXC-E start over there. I have seen an article somewhere with one delivered with signals, speedo and all the bells and whistles.

That pictures sure looks like a 125, what makes you think that it's not?

To clear up the confusion, in Europe (at least most of it) KTM has only been selling the 300 in EXC form (before 2000 or so they were called EGS). We don't even get XC's and those other models. ALL the EXCs including the 125/200/250/300/380s 2- and the 250/400/450/520/525/530 4-strokes (maybe others as well) have been street legal since their introduction in the 1990s. They come with lights, reflectors, turn signals, speedo, license plate light/bracket and all the other crap legally required here. To pass the very strict EU emissions test, they are severely restricted from the factory. Quiet mufflers, very lean carb jetting, throttle stop, etc. They usually make about 7-11HP in stock form.

As an example, here is what KTM puts over the air filter of the 690RR to reduce power enough: A good old steel plate!

And the muffler insert: