View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #46
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,475
Very possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler
Here's to hoping that KTM delivers 2-strokes with EFI in the next few years or so....
I tell you what...I think you could possibly be right on track.

I saw an interview with one of their engineers. According to that gentleman, their current production (2T) bikes meet "Euro 3" emissions requirements. And, I believe that he said that their next round of ring-dingers (2011?) will meet "Euro 4".

If I had been given the above info. by one of my buddies, I woulda' told him that he was full of it, and argued with him until the beer ran-out. However, considering the source, I was pretty impressed. It sure seems that KTM is fully committed to the longevity of the 2-stroke experience.

When I got my 300, I was surprised by the mix ratio (60:1). When I was a kid (during the Civil War), all 2T bikes were around the 32:1 range. (I can't exactly remember...But, I think my last CR500 was in the 40:1 range...or maybe that was my gas trimmer...) Anyway, I'm sure KTM's low ratio number has something to do with their ability to meet such stringent requirements. You gotta' hand it to them for advancing 2-stroke tech.

Either way, it's great that KTM is still doing great things with the 2-stroke, in my very humble opinion.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8

WARRIORPRINCEJJ screwed with this post 01-15-2010 at 04:08 PM
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote