View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
Treadless OP
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305racer
I had heard of that bike but never seen any pictures of it. I am sure you have tried the 305 message board but if you havent check it out and find LOUDMOUSE(Ed I believe his name is),he seems to be the "go to guy" for obscure CB/CL 72-77's info. Also you may wanna try Team Hansen,Bob Hansen(RIP) was the head service guy for Honda America in the '60's IIRC he passed away a few years back but the company is still going and they may be able to point you in a direction.
Please keep us updated on what ya find I myself ride and road race CB77's and would like to know what you find.
Thanks for the info, will follow up on it.

What treasures are uncovered on this meandering path will get posted.

*edit* this is part of an edited email I received from Ron, the other part of we.

Quote:
I have worked with Team Hansen a lot over the years. I knew Bob Hanson reasonably well. Bob was one of the judges at Vintage Motorcycle Days 2005 in Ohio. He was one of the judges who voted the 57 Benly best of show.
The guy who owns Team Hansen now is Terry Naughtin. Very nice guy. He supplied me with some parts for the CB160 R project. Terry is mostly involved with building replicas of the CB450 Race bike. This was a bike that Honda never officially built because by then Honda had pulled out of racing. So instead Honda sent race parts out the back door to Team Hanson so that they could go racing and keep Honda competitive at racetracks.
Terry did not seem to know much about the CR72 road version unfortunately.

Treadless screwed with this post 01-15-2010 at 06:35 PM
Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote