View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #62
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
Trailtech Vector. Look into the Vapor as well, I prefer it for a dual sport bike.
Correct. I've used the Vapor on other bikes. For this one, the Vector seemed to be the one to use as it has a resettable odometer. Both have temperature gauges which can be useful at times. I don't think you can really use one of these as a dual sport bike. The vibes at speed are hard to tolerate. My XC has 14/45 gearing right now which gives about the same 5th gear performance as the stock (US) 13/50 on a XC W. At 5000 rpm on both bikes, you are zipping a long at 47 mph. At 7000 rpm you are up to 65 on the XC and 66 on the XC W but your feet go numb in 30 seconds from the vibes. Works great connecting between trails and getting into town to fill up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas300
I have a question about the speedo - Who makes it and where did you get the mount? Does it use and magnetic pickup?
Late model KTM's have a hole in the front rotors for the Trailtech magnet which attaches with a circlip. The sensor screws into the threaded hole in the Brembo caliper mount just like the OEM sensor. Easy install.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote