View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #65
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas300
Thanks1 great info - how does the unit get water temp info? Do you need to a a sensor somewhere?
The water temp sensor I used involves cutting out a short section of one of the radiator hoses and two hose clamps. If you have a late model KTM radiator, there is a version of the Vector kit which mounts the temp sensor in a threaded hole in the radiator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler
I'd rather play it safe and have the fan 'just in case', so I added the SPAL hardparts fan kit, but did a minimalist mount and overrode it with an on/off switch so I have full control and didn't have to tap a hole in the radiator.

I also added a coolant overflow tank and a 1.8 rad cap ... this combo saved me a handful of times - running leaner jetting here in CO means the bike will boil over when you hit 1st gear, clutch-slipping nasties. You can richen jetting to run cooler, but you won't get the best performance.

There's some epic threads about this over in the KTM forum on ThumperTalk...
I haven't done the fan or overflow tank yet, but I did do the 1.8 bar cap. KTMTalk also has a bunch of threads in the 2 stroke area also.
2008 KTM 300 XC (plated)
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote