View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #19
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
Er, yeah. But aftre crashing ??? I know my XR400 R was a PAAAIIIIIIINN to start after dropping it. I'd lay that thing down on the left (and right) and see just how hard it is to start hot. You may get a surprise.

And the slow is fast mantra is true. I was in a harescramble and there was some kid clearly faster than me, but he kept crashing. He passed me and I passed him back when he was on the ground, probably literally 10 times in a 2 hr race. He was DYING. I was running the pace I was capable of and fresh. Believe I stopped to pee and still beat him.

Trust me, when you get tired, that's when you get hurt. Pick a pace you can run and know you are running the clock. Nobody else. You can go only as fast as you can go, regardless of whoever else may be racing you, and how fast or slow they are.

Barry
noted and noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyard

Don't forget to bring plenty of bananas. Eat one right before the start, another at gas and another at the finish. Do not drink Coke or Pepsi, the caffeine will make you pee and give you leg cramps on the way home.

Tom B
I have to be careful with banana's -- they give me nasty headaches.... but yes I try to be pretty healthy.
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote