View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,458
Always Interested

Yes, I would be. I like motorcycles and have been enjoying the bikes and the people involved with them since 1970. It is fun for me to look at what I can do on models that don't have a particular item. Making center stands was an accident. I wanted stands for our bikes and I wanted to do something with motorcycles when I retired. It is more fun to come up with a design then to make or sell the product. Making them is a good hobby since it seems to fill a niche that has been over looked and keeps me from just sitting on my ass.

The problem is just getting a bike for a few days to be able to come up with something. I hope to look at a TE610 next week and a Motarded XR400 after that. Both look like they will be really easy if I can get my hands on them.

Any suggestions are welcome. But if there is one on the market. Do yourself a favor and buy one. The big guys make some really good stuff. The finish and components are top notch. If DualStar had made a stand for the XRL I would have bought one.

Norvegicus is one of those people that make it worth while messing with the business.

Cigar Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel1959
Mike--good to see these great designs prosper. Would you be interested in creating a stand for the Super Sherpa? I'd happily buy one and I'd bet there'd be a few others too. Glad to have good folks like you here! Cheers

BTW, Norvegicus speaks very highly of you and that's good enough for me. ;)