View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #13
David P.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway
My only real concern is actually if the 690RR carb need constant rejetting - depending on temp, humidity and altitude etc. The expensive parts sound familiar and the fabrication qualities sound nice for longevity. Which parts are the expensive ones, BTW?

Digiman: Thanks for the tips. Building an aftermarket-based 690 Enduro rally bike sounds like an excellent and economically sound alternative. That way carburetor rejetting etc. should be factored away from the project.

But heck, I simply like the raw and clean design concept of the 690RR. The big grin on any owner's face can only be stopped by the adjacent ears...
I mean, the darn thing is actually raced in the dunes by our enduro heroes and the ownership pride should be unmeasurable and infinite.
Mine which had the same carb (FCR41) DID require costant rejetting, felt like every 5 degrees would make a diff, but hard to tell if the new one does the same!

I'd buy 690R and a kit from Alberto Dottori with his new lookalike 690RR faring and then proceed to build my own 690 Rally, rally parts are popping up like weed in your lawn! Same loox and a lot cheaper and easier ownage...