Thread: The F800GS Seat
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #133
robhar54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by skodadog
2+ on Rich - if you want a custom seat and live anywhere around the PacNW, it's worth the trip. He's also great about re-doing the seat to get it right. It's absolutely critical that you take multiple test rides and really think about how it feels and give him that feedback.
Some people swear by Rich's seats. I wouldn't go to him for a dual sport/adventure bike seat again. I did the test rides and all--spent most of a day there. He made a seat for my R80G/S PD that was comfortable enough--and WAY better than the stock PD seat--but did not work well off-road. The seat was too wide up front. I came back and told him I wanted some width shaved off the front. He more or less said he knew more about seats than I did and I should be happy with the seat as it was. I wasn't experienced or confident enough at the time to push it, so I didn't.

OTOH, James Renazco absolutely knows dual sports. A few years later he made a seat that was perfect for me for the Xchallenge I had. One of these days I'll get a seat from him for my F800GS.

Meanwhile, the BMW Rally Seat is MUCH better than stock for me...

Rob in Seattle