View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #137
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,430
Report from down south:

So, I have to give the Mefos a so-so review. Yes, they do last quite a while and they ride quite well on the road for how knobby they are. I´m currently somewhere around 10k on my rear with maybe another 2k left and the front lasted about the same, but all of us who´ve been running these have experienced uneven and WEIRD wear patterns which has resulted in some seriously wonky handling on higher mileage tires. I ditched my front with a fair amount of meat left on it because it was handling so weird. Several of us have also experienced large cracks on the inside of the tire big enough to pinch tubes and cause flat after flat until we realized it was a cracked tire. I also just noticed a huge crack on the outside of the tread the other day as well. I have a Pirelli MT60 on the front right now and a rear waiting to go on when the MEFO shits the bed. Add the MT60 to the list BRAD! They´re pretty good tires, CHEAPish, and available in G/S and GS sizes.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote