View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #42
PC-Rider OP
venturer

Oddometer: 4,594
I am having a difficult time finding anything on Repaupo.
The creek that runs through here is named Repaupo Creek.
I did find some information about the creek in a nearby Township which I thought added some history to the area.
In fact, I really enjoyed reading some of the history on this website.
History and Genealogy Township of East Greenwich, New Jersey
Their website is Copyrighted 2001-2009.
I haven't taken any information from the website and the link will give you all of their information.

I especially enjoyed the section on "The Kings Road / Kings Highway...".
You will see a few tags used all along that road.

The drapings on the Repaupo Vol. Fire Co. are for this gentleman:

FISLER – Leonard C. Fisler, age 82, of Repaupo died Oct. 11 in South Jersey Regional Hospital, Vineland. Mr. Fisler was born in Gibbstown and lived in Repaupo most of his life. He was a veteran serving in the Army Air Corps during World War II and he flew 35 missions in a B-24 Liberator as a gunner. Mr. Fisler worked as a tube still operator for 34 years at Mobil Oil Co., Paulsboro. He was a 59 year member of the Repaupo Volunteer Fire Company and he served as Chief several times for a total of 34 years. Mr. Fisler also served as the Association’s Vice President for five years. Leonard held many positions in the county during his tenure as a firefighter.
He was instrumental in the establishment of the Gloucester County Fire Academy in Clarksboro and he also served on many committees and boards including being an original member of the Tanker Task Force, which he co-chaired until 2003. He was a proud member of the Gloucester County Chief’s and Firemen’s Associations and a member of the Radio Advisory Board. Leonard was also a member of the New Jersey State Firemen’s Association. In his free time, he enjoyed spending time with his friends and family.

It is people like this that make this country what it is.
A better, safer, friendlier community.

My Thread of Where I've Been: "PC's Adventures in PIctures"
PC-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote