View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #43
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
I think if you can confirm the Holans I won't bother ordering the BMW skid plate. Bikes not arriving till mid to late April, but I've got you bookmarked for my skid plate (and top rack). We put a deposit down for my Wife's F800GS last week too, while I don't pick out her stuff - she is kind of a copy cat as evident by the new bike...

I am no designer, but what about more slotted holes in the lower portion of the skid plate to help evacuate mud/debris/water?
We may add some slots but they aren't really needed for cooling or evacuation of anything. Strength is of the utmost importance for MOD's equipment and the right side in particular is quite close to the exhaust pipes. This is required to fit all the different types of engine bars since they sit outside of the plate.

We still tried to make the side plates as large as possible to give the most coverage even when used with engine bars that don't come down as far or no engine bars at all. This second prototype F800 GS skid plate is also slimmer than our previous version mostly at the front and a little taller at the front too.

After the show I'll make the rounds to check for compatibility of as many engine bars as I can find...I'll let you know.

With the Tool Box mounted;

and the complete bike raring to go to the Vancouver Moto Show;

We will also have the Giant Loop products at our booth at the show so we can see how the Great Basin fits with the latest top rack prototype.

Thanks,

Dave
Hope to see you at the show!