View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #820
woody's wheel works
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,298
funny you should ask about my service to 'Down under'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksbane
I wasn't going to comment at this point because I was waiting for BMW Australias response ... but since you asked ...

I just replaced my rear TKC80 with a heidenau K60 (great tyre) and guess what, my wheel bearings replaced 5,000 km ago with TKM (couldn't get the BMW bearings, out of stock) have failed again. More TKM bearings (too far to the dealer). So YetiGS, put me down for two (and probably counting!)

The dealer in Newcastle have been good and are asking BMW for a new rear wheel, I don't have their response yet, but if I don't get what I want (NEED actually!) I am prepared to take this a long way up the BMW chain of command.

It's a great bike, perfect for me, but I am still not prepared to be killed or maimed by this fault. Hopefully it will come out alright, I really don't want to get rid of the 800.

As an aside, how's Woodys service to Australia?
FYI,,i've got a big following down under and take good care of all your requests...
you need to know that in my other thread i forewarned all of you that just replacing the bearings on a hub with the excessive crush problem is like putting a new band -aid on a wound that needs to be cleaned out ...yes you can get a few extra miles out of your bike til the next bearing wears out and fails...you ought to take this info and confront them with the facts,,ask them to measure your bore before they put the next bearing in it!!!..it should be .001''/.025mm under 47mm ie the diameter of your 6204 bearing.

here's the link...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505577

....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 01-23-2010 at 05:30 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote