View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #38
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,438
day 12

so day 12 was to be the last day of this trip...

it was another hot one, sitting around 40 degrees most of the day...

usually its a bit of a hassle to just 'pull up' somewhere..

not out here:

not sure i'd want to stay out here for 6 weeks!

i continued on past Lake Victoria, heading for Renmark via the Old Wentworth Road...

there wasnt a hell of a lot out here...

can imagine living out here would be pretty dull..

would perhaps need to fill your time building massive front gates...

or perhaps building mail boxes..

the day moved on, getting hotter and hotter, the road got worse and worse, marbles, deep gravel, sand...

by the time i got to the border and crossed into South Australia, i was over this road... the last 70km would have to have been the worst i've riden on so far.....

road improved after crossing the border... so did the 'modern art'...

I didnt contribute to this one

got to Renmark and fought the flys for my breakfast.. great looking town..

then went via Berri and Loxton, stoping to cool off in the river at both..

then, not wanting the day to end too soon, headed up to Bamera and around Lake Bonney..

started heading out to Morgan, and ended up taking a detour to a nice little pub called the 'Overland Corner'.. bloody old pub, and even though its a fair way (maybe almost 1km?) from the river, it has been under water a few times...

seems they have a fair old bash out here on New Years eve, had a beer or 2, and added the place to my list or options for NYE...

back on the bike and into the heat... decided to skip Morgan and start the ride home..

lots of dips in the river along the way to try and dull the 40 degree day a bit..

she really was a pretty scenic river to follow home...

by time i left the river towards Mt Pleasant, the sun was starting to set.. it had been another long but fun day in the seat..

I'd started the climb up into the Adelaide Hills, a quick glance behind me summed up the hot wide open country i'd just traveled thru..

I knew i was just about home... and was perhaps getting a little sad that this ride was over....

it had been a long 12 days, with a bit of 'everything' thrown in there.. and no problems with the bike

But then the breeze got cooler, and 'home town' Adelaide popped into view and i got excited about being home again soon...

I started wondering about where the next ride would take me.......

To be continued...................

GoneAgain screwed with this post 09-06-2011 at 02:29 AM
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote