View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #19
Rockin Rollin OP
Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Laugh Fly -Ride 2 Tucson

Hey thanks for the comments guy, sorry for takin so long ta get back but hey I've been busy.
So my wife Lily came with me on this trip.
We flew back to Phoenix, picked up Suzi (the Bike) out of storage.
I store most of my riding stuff with the bike so I can fly with just a carry on. Very convenient & easier to stay organized. I keep a minimum amount of clothing and do laundry along the way. The only clothing that travels is what I wear for the flight. For the transition back to the cold I bring along a micro-fleece & wind breaker back & forth, which works very well for layering. You'll see that in the pictures.
Dressed to ride!

Destination Tucson. A couple hrs on a slightly more interesting route.. Very Desolate, that makes Lily Nervous.I much prefer that to the busy route/cities.
I got a great deal on a condo in a gated golf resort, Ventana Canyon.
It was spectacular location on the northeast end of Tucson at the base of the mountains.
Saguaro Cacti where everywhere, beautiful, as was the golf course. Very well manicured and picturesque as you can see.

We did some walk touring of the course and took a ride into the curvy hilly roads leading up the mountain.
These roads were only accessable with the gated community which is where the resort was.
The homes were worth average $6-8 million.. The landscaping was all forms & varieties of Canti & such. They were beautiful,very low maintenance, wouldn't require watering. Cool!

Hey there big fella!

Day after arriving we visited the Kartchner caverns.The underground formations were well preserved & spectacular. Pictures were not allowed however.
Lily did spot these which give the hearing equivalency a bat. She thought I needed that. Huh?

Next up: We witness a gunfight & a guy that looks just like me gets hung. TWICE!
Click on:
-Now: Fly/ride - Panama to Alaska & pts between.
-2009 Colorado & West Fest
-Baja 2009 from Canada
"Take time, because time will eventually take you"! (and you never know just how much yer gonna get )
Let's ride!
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with ABS for long distance adventure & Dualsport
08 Husaberg FE450 (Street Plated)
Rockin Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote