Thread: KLR250 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #66
Quick5pnt0
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
With all the KLR250s that were made over the years you'd think this thread would be a little more lively.

Here is my '87 KLR. I bought it around October from a guy on ebay. I got a good deal on it but it had been sitting for a while and wasn't in running condition. Since buying it I've stripped the paint off the tank and used electrolysis to get rid of the rust. Then I painted it flat black to hopefully hide some of the dents and dings. To get it running I had to strip the carb down twice and adjust the valves. Then I gave everything a once over including new mobil 1 synthetic oil and filter, new fork oil, flushed/bled brake fluid, new Uni air filter, high temp flat black paint on the exhaust silencer, fixed the zillion electrical bugs it had, etc etc etc. It came with a beat up spare seat that I cut down slightly and recovered with a cheap vinyl. I'm probably going to take the seat that was on it and recover it with a better vinyl at some point.

Anyway here she is after all the work...

Rear...

...and finally my custom made vinyl number plates. I wasn't sure if I wanted to put the bike name on here or what so I decided to just leave them plain black. Considering the shape this bike was in when I got her I think she looks great. Stupidly I didn't take any photos of it before all the work.

Future mods/work? It really needs new handlebars, and chain so those will probably be the next upgrades. Then I'd like to get a stainless brake line for it and in the long run I'd love to do a klr650 front brake conversion. I tend to do the usual jet kit and aftermarket exhaust mods on all my bikes/quads but I don't think I'm going to mess with this one...or at least that's the current plan...LOL

Quick5pnt0 screwed with this post 01-22-2010 at 08:31 PM
Quick5pnt0 is offline   Reply With Quote