View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #64
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,741
RMX / RMZ Rallye by Valentini

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet)

Actually, what is interesting about this machine (quite apart from it says so on the information board) is that it seems be be based on the RMZ450 MX bike, rather than the RMX450Z enduro - the frame has indentations in the main spars (you can see these above the kickstart arm) like the MXer does, and the rear fender is the MX type, not the enduro bike. I imagine then that also it doesn't have an electric start, which is pretty hardcore!

J xx
That's correct Jenny, the photo of the Valenti bike I posted previously, is an early concept/version intended to show the potential a Suzuki 450 rallye bike might have. It was built by the Italian Suzuki distributor and based around the RMZ 450 (the project was undertaken before the RMX enduro version of the 450 Suzuki was released I believe).

As you can see from the other photo's, the bike in question is pretty much a "work in progress" (as evidenced by there being no roadbook/nav equipment etc. behind the cockpit fairing), so i beleive the bike was something of a "concept" version (is that what "ideata" on the placard in front of the bike means in Italian...?).

One would imagine that Valenti would be looking at fitting the split front fuel tanks, navigation tower/fairing and rear tank components from this RMZ version, onto the enduro based (el-start) sister RMX machine - now that it has been released - to create something along the lines of the 450 Suzuki based rallye bike that your originally hinted at a few pages back.

"What ees all 'zis f5uss about...?"

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 01-23-2010 at 12:26 PM
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote