View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #18
miguelito OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Well after pondering the logistics, (and the ferry schedules), Iíve decided to take the ferry from Sta. Rosalia to Guaymas , rather than the one out of La Paz. I think Iíll come back via the La Paz ferry just to cover a little new terrain on the trip. I couldnít get the Baja Ferry website to function. At all. So I decided to ride up to Santa Rosalia, about 45 km north of where Iím staying in Mulege and book my reservation in person. Took some pics from the ride along the way.

When I got to the ferry terminal I went in and made the arrangements. FYI - You need your passport to finalize the reservation. Of course, I had removed mine from my riding jacket and was only able to finalize half of the requirements, the rest of which will be completed the morning of my departure. This was one of those times, oddly enough, when a knowledge of some Espanol came in handy, as the senorita selling me my ticket did not speak any English. I ended up turning over 2175 pesos to her, for which she hand wrote a receipt describing the date of passage for me and my moto to Guaymas. It was the kind of transaction you undertake in this part of the world with some frequency, and I canít help but laugh when I think of the uninitiated traveler being faced for the first time with handing over that amount of money, (about $175), in cash to someone who they barely understand, with the hope that the deal will be consummated as planned. That said, I sure hope the deal is consummated as planned. LOL.

I left the Ferry terminal and toured around Sta. Rosalia again and took some more pics of the town.

Including the metal church fabricated by the same firm that fabricated the Eiffel Tower.

Had lunch on the corner of the plaza at El Muelle.

And headed back to Mulege, where I got the pic of the oasis I'd missed the first time I rode in from the north.

More later.

miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote