View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #43
wickit
Adrenaline Junkie

Oddometer: 653
Sunstar 15t front as they are well built durable and equal Renthal quality IMO. RMA 47T rear off from Rocky Mountain. I would prefer a 45T rear to start out with, but do not want to spend a lot of money on trial and error sprockets. After I find the correct rear sprocket I will pony up for a top quality replacement. If I have to get a new chain I will look for a new stocker take off and just cut it down. Very happy with my stock drivetrain so far.

Steveho your running a Trail Tech Vapor correct? What RPM is your WR running at 70mph in 5th with 15/45 gearing? Did you write down what your 14/50 RPM was at 50mph? I don't know what RPM it was, but my bike ran the best feel for cruising at 50-55mph in 5th. If you have that data it would save me some cash buying sprockets.

Yes that is the tire. I don't know what I am going to do, but for now still sticking with full on dirt tires. I know unless it is similar to a 606 it would not have the off road traction I prefer. On a different bike I would be looking at a good dual sport tire, but if there is a hill to climb, mud to dig, or what ever I'm pretty much going to try it on the WR. A 14K bike such as the 800 or 990 I hope would cause me a little more caution.

Does the 6.6 Acerbis petcocks sit in the same location as the 3.3? I just installed the 3.3 last summer, but will be putting a 6.6 on very shortly. Yes it is a huge tank, but I really do need the range without carrying fuel. Just wondering if I have to do it all over again to get it plumbed in. Not that it is a huge deal. I will be adding in a seperate valve with a drain hose to transfer fuel. Way easier then siphoning it for another bike.

Oh yeah I have a barely used (no scratches) blue Acerbis 3.3 if anyone wants it.

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

AA stands for Alaskan Amber right?

wickit screwed with this post 01-25-2010 at 01:55 PM
wickit is offline   Reply With Quote