View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #81
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,056
FYI -2010 Dakar Husky Info (from Cafe Husky) This is Claudio aka Burro's bike:

Hi to all, my name is Alvaro Bistolfi and iīm the chief in the developed of the 2010 Husqvarna Dakar motorcycle race.
Sorry for my English, I try to do my best.

The motorcycle is a 2009 TE450 with electronic inyection, standard the engine, the chassis and the suspensions (litle modification in the spring). The motorcycle was developed in only 25 days and it work really perfect. This race is a crazy adevnture for the reliability of any motorcycle in the world, 9.000 kilometers rides in the most harder conditions.

This is the first Husqvarna with electronic inyection developed for this type of race. We choose the e.i. for the performance and really for a technical challenge. The throtle body is standard but we need put a external Walbro bomb, external fuel filter and external pres regulator. The capacity for the tank is only 28 liters with a rear 5 extra liters. We dont use the rear because the 28 liter is more than suficient (cause of the best use of the fuel).

We work really hard in the temperature control. The body of the motorcycle is made for optimise the air flow. The motorcycle have two electric fan, special hose and presurise to 1.8 bar. In all the race the temperature didnīt rise over the 110 C degrees.
The exhaust system is made completly by us, pass for the right side and behind the carter.

All the pieces for the instrumentation are hand made. Many other pieces dificult to resume (attached some pictures). All the "plastic" in carbon fiber kevlar composite. Same for the special seat.

The kit complete prove in the Dakar with extremly best result will be abailable in the next month.

The problem present in the 12 day is a shorcircuit and overheating in the battery only for bad quality.

Thank to all for the passion in the Husqvarna brand.